What is this error?
You’ll receive this error when sending LOCK or REMOTE START commands and your Apple Watch says that your “smart watch is unable to connect to smartphone”.
Why am I receiving this error?
Your Apple Watch uses Bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. Commands sent from the Apple Watch are transmitted to your phone before being communicated with your vehicle over the DroneMobile servers.
If your Apple Watch is not able to send commands to your iPhone, you will receive this error.
How can I resolve this issue?
Make sure to confirm the following:
- Make sure your Bluetooth is active.
- Confirm that your Apple Watch has been properly synced to your iPhone. Your iPhone will need to be within 300 feet of your Apple Watch to send commands successfully.
- Attempt to connect to your smartphone through Apple Watch using another app (e.g. “Phone”, “Messages”, “Maps”).
Once you have established solid communication between your Apple Watch and iPhone, try sending another command through the DroneMobile app. If you continue to experience problems, try the following:
- Confirm that you have the most updated version of the DroneMobile app AND that your Apple Watch OS is up to date.
- Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- From the menu, scroll down to “DroneMobile”.
- Switch the “Show App on Apple Watch” to OFF.
- Wait 60 seconds for the app to be removed from your Apple Watch.
- Switch the “Show App on Apple Watch” to ON. The DroneMobile app will be reloaded onto your Apple Watch.
- Try sending another command.
If you are still experiencing issues, please click here to report an issue.