Why am I receiving this error?
You are receiving this error because the DroneMobile device in your vehicle is unable to receive and/or confirm commands sent from the DroneMobile app.
This can occur because your vehicle is parked in an area with poor cellular coverage. This may happen if your vehicle is parked underground or in a non-residential parking structure. Also, network congestion can occur, which will resolve itself within a brief period of time.
How can I resolve this issue?
Please try any of the following to troubleshoot your issue.
- Confirm that you have updated hardware – AT&T recently shut down all 2G devices in the United States. If your device’s serial number starts with “89”, you might be affected. You can purchase your replacement by clicking here. Also, learn more about the network shut down here.
- Make sure your vehicle has network coverage – If your vehicle is parked in a non-residential parking structure or in the middle of the wilderness, you may not be able to connect to your vehicle.
- Try resending your command – Occasionally, initial commands sent from the DroneMobile app may time out. Try sending the same command to your vehicle and see if you are able to connect to your vehicle.
- Wait 2-3 hours – Networks refresh ever 2-3 hours and connections may resolve themselves after waiting for a short period of time.
- Make sure you have the most current version of the DroneMobile smartphone app. – Visit your smartphone’s app store to see if any updates for your DroneMobile app are available.
- Log out and log back into the DroneMobile app. – If you do have the most current version of the DroneMobile app, try logging out and logging back into the app. You can log out by pressing “Settings” in the menu, and then “Profile” to see the Log Out button. Log back and try re-sending your command.
If you still are unable to connect to your vehicle after trying these 5 steps, please visit the DroneMobile blog to see if there are any known network issues that might be affecting your vehicle.
Visit your local authorized DroneMobile dealer. We recommend visiting your original place of installation, but all DroneMobile dealers are trained to support our customers.
Please have your DroneMobile dealer perform the following procedures:
- Power-cycle the DroneMobile module – Disconnect the main harness from the module, wait 10 seconds, and reconnect. Wait to see that both the blue and green LEDs are flashing.
- Secure the DroneMobile module mounting position – Make sure the DroneMobile module is mounted label-side DOWN and as far up in the dashboard as possible.
- If the module is still not communicating, replace the module as it may be defective.
If you are unable to visit your local authorized DroneMobile dealer or are still experiencing issues, please click here to report an issue.